We are looking for a project manager (0,4 fte)
Fossil Free Culture NL (FFC-NL) is a grassroots collective of artists, activists and cultural workers working for climate justice. We practice disobedient art, blending art and activism to stop artwashing: the association of fossil fuel corporations with cultural institutions to clean their public image.
Our end goal is to terminally erode the fossil fuel industry’s social legitimacy and create an alternative vision of the future through a decolonial, queer, intersectional, and just transition lens.
In the coming months, we will focus on instigating the ‘Disobedient Art Lab’, a platform for the convergence of the methodologies, philosophies, research and practices we have developed in the last five years. This includes new interventions at oil sponsored cultural institutions and the development of an educational programme.
FFC-NL is looking for an experienced project manager who can oversee and coordinate the different programmes and activities of the collective. Together with the rest of the team, the project manager will translate the mission and vision of the organization into operational systems and a multi-year plan.
The project manager will collaborate closely with the team on artistic and strategic decisions. They will be in the lead of the overall project, manage operations, steer the team while monitoring the workflow, planning, budget, etc. They will be supported by two artistic directors/programme makers, one administration officer, and a large network of committed volunteers.
This position is on a freelance basis for 1 year with the possibility of extension.
What you are going to do
- Lead the development of an organization structure aligned with the vision, mission and objectives;
- Support the development of the strategic and organisational 3-year plan;
- Lead and monitor the yearly activity plan, planning and budget;
- Manage workflows and ensure the different tasks and activities are completed on time;
- Monitor the project milestones in relation to deliverables and established targets and objectives;
- Coordinate and maintain effective communication with the artistic lead, the board, the volunteers and the participants of the programmes;
- Help set up a sustainable financial model for the organization and support the rolling fundraising efforts.
We are looking for someone that
- Can think and act out of the box;
- Is flexible and proactive;
- Has experience in project management and coordination of cultural programmes;
- Is able to effectively manage and overviewing multiple projects and assignments under time constraints and can prioritize strategically;
- Is extremely responsible, organized and detail oriented;
- Has experience working with volunteers and is not hesitant in delegating tasks;
- Can work autonomously and in a structured manner;
- Has excellent writing skills and is fluent in English;
- Is motivated and can bring positive energy to the collective work;
- Can join the team at the office in Amsterdam one day a week (if Covid-regulations allow it).
A few extra, not essential, qualities:
Has affinity with socially engaged art;
Passionate about climate and/or social justice;
Has a broad network in the cultural sector.
What we offer
A challenging position in an organization with an informal, flexible and creative working atmosphere. You will be part of a small team that works with a wide range of supporters and volunteers – artists, activists, writers, cultural workers, etc. We offer an inspiring position that affects relevant social change.
We know that the corporations we target and the crises we face disproportionately hurt the most marginalized people in society — including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, people with disabilities, LGBTQ people and women. We believe it is essential to center the voices and experiences of these communities in the work we do. Hence, we warmly encourage applications from people with these identities and backgrounds.
We offer a 1-year freelance contract for 16 hours a week (0,4 FTE). Preferably starting mid-August 2021. Competitive salary.
Application deadline: Thursday, July 15th 2021. Please send your motivation letter and CV in English to email@example.com
Job interviews will take place in the week of July 19th.